- Professional Status: Being part of the Institute increases your professional credibility within the industry
- Title: Use of the letters M.I.R.I.L after your name and your business stationary/ marketing material
- Membership Support: You can contact the IRI office with all membership and work related queries
- Low Cost Membership: Only €10.00 a month. €120.00 a year
- Membership Certificate: You will receive a professional certificate when you first become a full member
- IRI Badge: You receive an exclusive lapel badge when you first become a full member
- Logo: Use of IRIL Professional Logo on your business stationary/ marketing material (not to be used as your personal logo)
- Free online listing: Your name and contact details, with your consent, will be listed on our online “Find a Reflexologist” register (optional)
- You can avail of the opportunity of having a Members Profile Page on the web site for a once of payment of €50.00 and refer people to this, many members choose this instead of having their own website
- IRI members are recognised by: VHI / Laya / Irish Life – which means that your clients who have a policy with any of these Health Insurers, may be eligible for a refund for some of their Reflexology costs depending on their level of cover, (only applies to the Republic of Ireland)
- IRI Practitioner’s Pack: As a new member you will have access to a practitioner’s pack with all the COVID necessary documentation and GDPR documentation needed to start a practice
- Free Student Membership of the IRI, student members can attend AGM’s and IRI events.
- AGM: You may attend your annual AGM at no cost, gain CPD points and vote at all general meetings.
- IRI – listens to you the members and brings many major decisions to the floor at the AGM
- IRI Events: You can avail of classes/workshops at IRI Conventions/Events. IRI run online courses in a variety of topics during the year. Check out our Calendar/Event page.
- IRI Advice & Support: Network support is available from your colleagues within the Network Groups in various counties countrywide and from the Institute
- IRI e-newsletters – regular e-newsletters and members emails are issued throughout the year
- IRI have a Facebook page and Instagram Account and shares information, informative posts and events via both social media platforms
- IRI belongs to the members ans is a no profit organisation. Since its inception it has been run by a Voluntary Board of Directors, voted in by the members at the AGM. The Board give their time and expertise entirely on a voluntary basis
- IRI acts on your behalf and is a representative voice on National & international forums thus staying in touch with changes within the industry.
- IRI is a member of FICTA (Federation of Irish Complementary Therapy Associations) and an Umbrella organization of associations and is a leading figure in representing Reflexology at government level in Ireland. www.ficta.com
- IRI enables you to be compliant with government regulations. IRI aims to ensure professional standards at the highest level in line with the government regulation. We aim to ensure appropriate standards are maintained in Ireland – this is vital to being self-regulated as a professional
- IRI updates members on the latest legislation, e.g. Data Protection GDPR, COVID 19 procedures relating to your practice
- IRI ensures members reach a high level of acceptable qualifications before they can be accepted as a member, ensuring the highest professional standards possible for our Institute.
- IRI promotes Reflexology at every opportunity and aims to raise the profile of the industry
- IRI supports the education of Reflexology throughout Ireland
- IRI supports a member should they encounter any difficulties in the process of a practicing as a reflexologist
- Clients – IRI guarantees your clients that you are trained and ready to work as a professional Reflexologist
- Insurance Brokers
- Brian Mullins Insurance Brokers offer a discounted rate from Allianz for House Insurance for Therapists who work from home and will have a footfall to their home. The firm also offer special offers on motor, home and business insurance
- Sheridan Insurance Brokers have special offers on home, motor and business insurance
- Trade prices through any Salon Services store in ROI and NI also online from Beauty Express 1890459567 www.beautyexpress.ie Note: You must bring along a copy of your IRI Membership Certificate to avail of above offer.
- Trade Prices at Spiral of Tranquillity, 9 Carragh Hill, Knocknacarra, Galway (must make a €500 Minimum initial order to qualify for trade prices). – Phone 086 832 7232 / 091 523396/ www.lessstress.ie.
- Insurance Brokers
The Irish Reflexologists Institute Limited (IRIL) is a self regulating membership association for qualified Reflexologists. By outlining the following membership requirements the IRIL strives to adhere and maintain a consistently high standard of practices amongst its members to ensure the membership are representative of the highest possible quality in the provision of Reflexology Treatments. These requirements demonstrate adherence to all current government legislation and industry best practice.
It is the understanding of membership that all members agree
- To be bound by the Irish Reflexologists’ Institute Membership Codes of Ethics & Practice,
- To always hold Public Liability and Malpractice Insurance with Reflexology clearly stated as a therapy covered on the policy
- To always hold a current First Aid Certificate or if a qualified medical practitioner a Health Care Provider Card as issued by your work
- To always hold 100 CPD points at the time of annual renewal and to maintain these points throughout the membership period
- To provide copies of all CPD points if and when requested should the member be selected to do so during the randomly selected membership quality checks carried out throughout the year
- To maintain all membership requirements as outlined by the Association
Professional Indemnity Insurance:
It is a requirement of membership that All qualified Reflexologists applying for Full Membership of the IRIL must hold Professional Indemnity Insurance in order to practice Reflexology for reward. This applies to all applications for membership including applications from New Members and Renewing Members.
The online membership application form requires the applicant to upload a copy of their Insurance Policy and so this will need to be purchased prior to completing the online application form. Specialist Insurance companies offer a discounted Therapy Infinity Policy to IRIL members.
The therapy of Reflexology MUST be a named therapy and clearly listed as covered by Insurance on the policy.
Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on Insurance Companies that offer this Infinity Policy.
First Aid Requirement – updated in line with best practice 2022
The IRIL require All FULL members to be Certified in First Aid to practice as a Reflexologist. It is a requirement of membership that First Aid is always current and in date.
When choosing a First Aid course, it must meet the following criteria:
- Company/Trainer is an accredited First Aid Provider
- Training must be in person or a live online class
- NO RECORDED/SELF-LEARNING modules
- Must include a demonstration and live practical instruction visible to the instructor for both in person or live online classes
- Minimum Instruction Duration – 1 Day
- First Aid Certificate must be valid for no more than 2 years
- The course content must include
- Accident Scene Management & Casualty Assessment
- Activation of the emergency services
- Bleeding Control and Treatment of Wounds
- Burns & Scalds
- Head Injury
- Injuries to bones & joints
- Medical emergencies Adult
- Recovery position & unconscious casualty
- Sprains & strains
- Trips & Falls
- Unconsciousness & Impaired Responsiveness
There are no mutually recognised agreements between Ireland and other countries on First Aid. However, if your First Aid qualification was taken within the EU, and providing it matches all of the requirements listed, it may be considered as an acceptable qualification.
The IRIL run First Aid courses please check out our Events Calendar for further information
Continuous Professional Development (CPD):
All applicants for FULL membership of the IRIL (with the exception of those within 12 months of graduation) must hold 100 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points to demonstrate their commitment to the quality and standard required in keeping with best practice.
All CPD points should be recorded on the IRIL CPD form. All declarations of points should be signed by the course provider or Network co-ordinator where possible. There is no necessity to upload CPD forms at the time of renewal but a copy of Certification should be maintained and made available for inspection if requested during the Membership Quality Checks.
Of these 100 CPD points it is mandatory that a minimum of 20 CPD points must be gained from a Reflexology related practical hands-on activity with the remaining points gained from a professional or personal development activity including advanced or specialist training in Reflexology or other holistic therapies, First Aid, and Business development courses with certification.
Please note that the requirement for 20 mandatory points from a Reflexology related practical hands-on activity has been waivered until 1st January 2023 due to the restrictions in obtaining in=person training during the Covid-19 pandemic. However it is still a requirement to maintain 100 CPD points in total.
IRIL Membership Types
New Membership – €120.00
New Graduate – € 50.00 (Graduated in the last 12 months)
Steps to Complete:
- Complete the New Member Form, and upload a copy of your qualification, Business Insurance Policy and Current First Aid Certificate. See Membership Requirements for further details.
- Pay your membership fee at the end of the form. Choose “ New Member “ or “New Graduate” option from the drop down menu. Please note Membership is from the date of completion of the application process and renewal will be this date 12 months on.
- Please note IRI Office cannot process membership applications until payment, completed application form and required documents are all received, checked and processed.
- New Membership applications may take up to 10 working days.
- New Members should keep a copy of all information sent into the IRI office as Member Quality Checks are completed periodically to ensure all members are compliant with these conditions.
- For your convenience please see CPD Form & Claiming CPD
- If you have any queries that are not covered above, or if you require support please contact the IRIL office @ email@example.com
Renewal Membership – €120.00
Steps to Renew:
- Complete the Renew Membership Form and pay your annual fee at the end of the form by choosing on the drop down menu ” Full €120″. Lifetime Practicing Members choose the option “Lifetime”
- Members are not required to send in copies of their Business Insurance Policy, Current First Aid Certificate, CPD Log sheet and relevant documents. Members should have a copy of all required documentation ready as Members Quality Checks are completed periodically.
- Please note the IRIL Office cannot process membership applications until payment, and completed application form are received.
- Renewal Membership applications may take up to 10 working days.
- For your convenience please see CPD Form & Claiming CPD
- If you have any queries that are not covered above, or if ou require support please contact the IRIL office @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Membership (Non- practicing) – €80.00
Steps to Complete New Associate Membership or Renew Existing Associate Membership
- This membership type is specifically for members who are Not practicing/Retired but who want to support the IRIL through an Associate membership.
- Complete the Associate Member Form for new Associate Membership or to Renew existing Associate Membership.
- At payment section choose from the drop down section “Associate Member €80.00″ . If you are a Lifetime Associate Member please choose ” Lifetime Associate”
- You do not require Professional Indemnity Insurance, current First Aid Certificate or CPD to avail of this membership.
- Associate Members who wish to join an IRIL Network group MUST hold Professional Indemnity Insurance to do treatment swops regardless of their membership status. Please see www.reflexology.ie for Network locations in Ireland.
- Associate members are welcome to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting and EGM meetings.
- If you wish to change over to Full Membership during your membership, complete the Renew Membership Form
- You choose the upgrade Associate at the drop-down option at payment section- €40.00
- If you have any questions or require support please contact the IRIL office @ email@example.com
Student Membership (Training to be a Reflexologist) – €0.00
Steps to Complete New Student Membership
- This membership type is specifically for student members who are currently undertaking a training in the practice of Reflexology.
- Complete the Student Membership Form.
- At payment section choose from the drop down section “Student Membership €0.00” .
- Student Insurance is advisable and this is available through your training provider. You do not require a current First Aid Certificate or CPD to avail of this membership.
- Student Members are welcome to attend a Network support group provided they are familiar with the full sequence as taught by the training provider and that they are covered by Insurance – see our Website for nearest Network location.
- Attend and Annual General Meeting and EGM meetings but are NOT entitled to vote.
- If you have any questions or require support please contact the IRIL Office @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is open to all who hold a recognised accredited Reflexology Qualifications such as ITEC, VTCT, FETAC, QQI, FHT, City & Guilds
Cooling off Period
From the date and time of purchase your membership becomes an Active Membership and you have 14 calendar days to change your mind for a full refund of fees. Your right to cancel begins from the moment you purchase your membership. This right automatically ends after the 14 day cooling off period.
Should your membership not be renewed on time, there is a grace period of 30 days past the membership renewal date during which your membership will be treated the same as an ‘Active Membership’. During this grace period, the full benefits of your membership are maintained including membership number, listing on the IRI website, mailing list, and newsletters, and profile listing (if purchased). Your clients will also be able to submit your receipts to their private health care provider for reimbursement. This allows you to renew late without breaking the continuity of your IRI membership. You can renew membership with no penalties or fees during this 30 days grace period.
If you fail to renew your membership during the 30 day grace period your membership will be suspended and considered inactive for a further 30 days. During this suspended period all membership benefits including listing on the IRI website, and profile listing (if purchased), will be removed from public view. Consequently, your clients will not qualify for reimbursement from their private health care provider. Your name will be removed from the IRI mailing list/newsletters. Your membership number will be retained. Suspended memberships can be renewed with administrator assistance within this 30 day suspended period. Should you choose not to renew your membership during this suspended period the continuity of your membership is in jeopardy and you will be classified as a lapsed member.
If you fail to renew your membership during the 30 day suspended period your membership will be considered lapsed and your membership details will be deleted permanently from the IRI membership database. All associated privileges including your unique membership number, private health care reimbursement facility, website and profile listing will be lost. You will be deleted from the mailing list and all future newsletters. Should you choose to request membership of the IRI after the 30 day suspended period you will be required to submit an entirely new application in line with the terms and conditions for new members. You will not be eligible for any discounted fees on reapplication.