You must obtain 100 CPD points each year
What you do depends on how you renew your membership.
If you do your renewal via:
- online – if you update your membership record inside our website, upload scans of scans or photos of your CPD log sheet, all related certificates and any other relevant documentation in the CPD Entry Form. Keep the originals in case of problems with online files.
- post – send in copies of your CPD log sheet, all related certificates and any other relevant documentation. Keep the originals in case of problems with the post.
- email – when you email your membership form attachment, also attach scans or photos of your CPD log sheet, all related certificates and any other relevant documentation. Keep the originals in case of problems with online files.
How credits can be obtained:
- Attendance at Lectures / Seminars/ Workshops
- Network meetings
- Volunteer reflexology work
- AGM Attendance
20 REFLEXOLOGY POINTS
ARE REQUIRED EACH YEAR
AS PART OF THE 100 POINTS TO RENEW
As courses differ in content and duration, we endeavor to maintain a point system that reflects such differences as best we can, by trying to make it, for the most part, ‘user friendly’. However, some courses will not be awarded CPD as they are not specifically related to your development as a Reflexologists or Complementary Therapist or the running of your Complementary Therapy Business.
CPD points are not awarded to Complementary Therapy Teachers for the teaching of courses/workshops as these are seen to be their profession and teachers in turn need to be obtaining CPD points to maintain their already high standards of practice.
How Points will be awarded for courses and workshops:
Points are based on class duration:
- 4 hours – ½ day: 25 pts
- 5-6 hours: 30 pts
- 7-8 hours – 1 full day: 50 pts
- 11-12 hours – 1.5 days: 75 pts
- 14-16 hours – 2 full days: 100 pts
- The course provider will be expected to sign your CPD Log Sheet.
- You must keep your CPD log sheet in case you are subject to a Random Verification Check.
- Keep all course certificates. If you are subject to a Random Verification Check you will have to send copies of these into the office to validate your CPD claims.
- An all day theory reflexology class that cannot solely be used as the 20 points for reflexology as there is no practical involved. These courses must have both theoretical and practical reflexology content.
- Course hours are Contact Hours and do not include breaks, e.g.; A course that runs from 10.30 – 4.00 with one hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks has four hours contact time and is a half day course. A day that runs from 9.00 – 5.30 and has the same breaks of up to one and half hours has seven hours contact time and does qualify for a full day course.
- EXCEPTIONS: Regardless of duration – First Aid and Health & Safety at Work both get 50 CPD points.
Here is a list of Courses that can qualify for CPD. It is not exhaustive:
A&P Advanced Courses, Advanced Reflexology Courses, Angel Healing, Bach Flower Remedies,Counselling, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Crystal Healing, Energy Healing, Energy-related courses, Homeopathy, Indian Head Massage, Integrated Energy Therapy, Introduction to Aromatherapy, Kinesiology, Hot Stone Massage, Life Skills Consultancy, Lymphatic Drainage Massage Courses (all types), Shamanic courses with Certs, Metamorphosis, Nutrition Courses, On-site Massage, Pathology Courses, Reiki, Relaxation Courses, Spiritual Development, Stress Management, Yoga Foundation Course, Hopi Ear Candling
Check with us for other courses. Course should be pre-approved by us to qualify for CPD.
You may attend other courses that are not on this list – call the office. We ask that you execute caution when booking courses and ask the qualifications of the course giver. You are paying good money and deserve equally good input. We do not recommend one course over another. Your tutor should be qualified in the subject, have a teaching qualification (minimum Level 5 QQI), provide a printed course manual and a certificate.
Diplomas & Longer Courses
More detailed Training Courses that are run over a year or more and offer you a Diploma such as Aromatherapy Training, Hypnotherapy Training, Kinesiology Training, Teaching Adults Certificates, etc. that have continuous assessment, exams, will work differently. These will provide 80 CPD points per year. You must still get 20 points from attending a reflexology-related event, as stated above.
Other sources of CPD:
You can also gain CPD points other ways such as:
- Writing an article for the Feet First Journal (500 words & must be used) 25 pts
- Serving on an IRI Ltd., Board (must attend 90% of meetings) Points per year 100 pts
- Sitting on IRI Ltd., Sub-Committees, Teachers Meetings (20 per meeting) 20 pts
- Submitting a Research Study to the Committee 50 pts
- Publishing a Study in a health-related magazine 50 pts
- Setting up a Network (once off) 30 pts Organising each Network meeting 10 pts (extra)
- Hosting (in your home, or organizing an online meeting, such as Zoom) 10 pts (extra)
- Attending a Network meeting 20 pts
- Attending a Network meeting with Treatment swaps 20 pts
- Attending a Network meeting with a Speaker 20 pts
- Attending Professional Reflection Network Meeting (i.e. Sharing case studies) 20 pts
Notes on networks:
- All Networks need to be registered with the Institute.
- Meetings held via remote technology, such as Zoom, Skype or Teams, gain the same points listed above. We do not distinguish between face-to-face and remote meetings.
- Attendance lists and dates of meetings must be sent to the office at the end of each year, by the network organizer for points to be awarded.
For more details on Networks please contact Administration Office.
- 1 day: 50 pts
- 2 day: 100 pts
Setting up/hosting or attending an advanced reflexology day/weekend where qualified practitioners can come together to swap treatments, share techniques/case histories to the group & bring in relevant speakers to the group.
- Events held via remote technology, such as Zoom, Skype or Teams, gain the same points. We do not distinguish between face-to-face and remote meetings.
- Content of such an event must be submitted to the CPD Committee for approval prior to event taking place.
- You must keep the attendance record as evidence.