Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points can be gained from:
- Attendance at Lectures / Seminars/ Workshops/Zoom Classes/Courses
- Network meetings
- Volunteer Reflexology Work
- AGM Attendance
As courses differ in content and duration, IRI endeavor to maintain a point system that reflects such differences. However, some courses may not be eligible for CPD as they may not be specifically related to the development of a Reflexologist or the running of a Reflexology Business.
How Points will be awarded for courses and workshops:
Points are based on course duration:
- 4 hours (0.5 day): 25 pts
- 5-6 hours: 30 pts
- 7-8 hours (1 full day): 50 pts
- 11-12 hours (1.5 days): 75 pts
- 14-16 hours (2 full days): 100 pts
- First Aid Course – 50pts
- The course provider where feasible should sign your CPD Log Sheet.
- You must keep your CPD log sheet, certificate, receipt of payments etc.. for a Membership Quality Check.
- For a Membership Quality Check.you will be requested by the IRI office to email a copy of your CPD Form and related documentation to validate your CPD points.
- IRI Members are not required to submit CPD information for their annual renewal.
- Course hours do not include breaks e.g.; A course that runs from 10.30 – 4.00 with one hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks has four hours course time (0.5 day). A day that runs from 9.00 – 5.30 and has the same breaks of up to one and half hours has seven hours (full day)course time.
- 20 Reflexology points are required for each year as part of the annual 100 CPD points requirement. The 20 Reflexology points must include a practical element.
- CPD points are not awarded to Complementary Therapy Teachers for the teaching of courses/workshops as these are seen to be their profession and teachers in turn need to be obtaining CPD points to maintain their already high standards of practice.
CPD points can be gained form the below list of courses:
A&P Advanced Courses, Advanced Reflexology Courses, Angel Healing, Bach Flower Remedies,Counselling, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Crystal Healing, Energy Healing, Energy-related courses, Homeopathy, Indian Head Massage, Integrated Energy Therapy, Introduction to Aromatherapy, Kinesiology, Hot Stone Massage, Life Skills Consultancy, Lymphatic Drainage Massage Courses (all types), Shamanic courses with Certs, Metamorphosis, Nutrition Courses, On-site Massage, Pathology Courses, Reiki, Relaxation Courses, Spiritual Development, Stress Management, Yoga Foundation Course, Hopi Ear Candling
You may attend other courses that are not on this list. IRI advise that you execute caution when booking courses and ask the qualifications of the course giver. The tutor should be qualified in the subject, have a teaching qualification (minimum Level 5 QQI), provide course manual and a certificate. IRI do not recommend one course over another. Email the office with any queries you may have on a course in relation to CPD points – firstname.lastname@example.org
Diplomas & Longer Courses
More detailed Training Courses that are run over a year or more and offer you a Diploma such as Aromatherapy Training, Hypnotherapy Training, Kinesiology Training, Teaching Adults Certificates, etc. that have continuous assessment, exams, will work differently. These will provide an overall total of 80 CPD points per year. You are still required to get 20 points from attending a reflexology-related event, as stated above.
Other sources of CPD:
IRI Members may also gain CPD points by:
- Writing an article for the IRI Newsletter (Min of 500 words) 25 pts
- Serving on an IRI Board (must attend 90% of meetings) Points per year 100 pts
- Serving on IRI Sub-Committees (20 per meeting) 20 pts
- Submitting a Research Study to the IRI Board 50 pts
- Publishing a Study in a health-related magazine 50 pts
CPD Credits for Network Meetings
- Attending a Network meeting 20 pts
- Setting up a Network (once off) 30 pts
- Organising each Network meeting 10 pts (extra)
- Hosting a Network meeting in your home 10 pts (extra)
- Attending a Network meeting with Treatment swaps 20 pts
- Attending a Network meeting with a Speaker/Demonstration 20 pts
- Attending a Network Meeting with Shared case studies 20 pts
- Maximum CPD points allowed per Network Meeting 30pts
Notes on Networks:
- All Networks are to be registered with the IRI.
- Meetings held via remote technology, such as Zoom, Skype or Teams, gain the same points listed above. We do not distinguish between face-to-face and remote meetings.
- Attendance lists and dates of meetings must be sent to the office at the end of each year, by the network organizer for points to be awarded.
- For more details please see Networks
- 1 day: 50 pts
- 2 day: 100 pts
Setting up/hosting or attending an advanced reflexology day/weekend where qualified practitioners can come together to swap treatments, share techniques/case histories to the group & bring in relevant speakers to the group.
- Events held via remote technology, such as Zoom, Skype or Teams, gain the same points. IRI do not distinguish between face-to-face and remote meetings.
- You must keep the attendance record as evidence.