Aims & Code of Practice
The Aims of the Institute
- To protect, improve and preserve holistic health by advancing the knowledge, practice and expertise of reflexology.
- To promote the education, teaching and training of reflexology.
- To promote and protect the interests of members.
- To advise the public in relation to reflexology.
- To regulate the professional and ethical standards in the practice of Reflexology and to recognise all methods of Reflexology providing they meet the basic standards as laid down by the Institute.
- To maintain a high standard of practice among its members and to promote the growth of Reflexology in Ireland.
- To further the holistic approach to health.
- To co-operate with and support other bodies in the field of complementary medicine.
- Therapist’s first aid and insurance are the therapists’ own responsibility. The IRI is not responsible for keeping these up-to-date. One of the requirements for membership is current insurance and first aid at the time of renewal. IRI does not monitor whether therapist’s maintain either during the course of the year.