An invitation to Oncology Reflexology & Palliative Care Reflexology Techniques with Majella Fagan.
Learn the practical to the energetic concepts. Learn a completely new way of working for very, very sick clients through the ‘gentleness reflexology approach’. Majella teaches oncology reflexology to cancer care centres for their therapist’s and has much experience and speciality in this area of practice. This courses teaches how to practice for all stages of cancer care.
Reflexology for Oncology is the most medically accepted therapy in mainstream medicine in the West today and in Ireland. Green Tara College teaches Oncology Reflexology and Massage to the therapists of the Irish Cancer Society’s Gary Kelly Cancer Support Drogheda.
There are approximately 28 million people fighting cancer worldwide in Ireland an average of 30,000 new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year. The number is expected to rise to over 40,000 per year by 2020. If we deliver a properly informed reflexology treatment then we can only improve the functioning of the body, using precise techniques to work the areas of assistance, then the treatment becomes a powerful therapy in improving and normalizing the vital body process. In Oncology Reflexology we work to improve for our client, general energy levels, to bring deep relaxation, to improve the emotional outlook of the client, to improve pain levels, to heal trauma and shock, to improve exhaustion, to improve all the eliminating processes. We have recognized clinical studies today that support the fact that Reflexology works on all these levels.
Learning Reflexology specific to Cancer care is an essential training qualification. There is no doubt that you will be called upon to treat many people suffering with cancer from a new diagnosis to survivors of many years. You will learn to treat each person as an individual, with their own individual symptoms depending on their stage of cancer and cancer care. You will learn to take into account their emotional and mental well-being and how that varies from day to day in your treatment
The aim of this course is to offer training to the highest level. By the end of this course you will have a confident, detailed and broad knowledge of Oncology Reflexology and how to carry out a complete treatment. You will have confidence and understanding and greater expertise. You will have detailed knowledge on the process of Palliative Care and how to apply reflexology treatments for people who are very sick and who need sensitive soothing treatments.
The course consists of a one day workshop: 10am-6.00pm
Qualification: You gain 2 Awards:
A Green Tara College Post Graduate Certificate in Cancer Care Reflexology which enables you to provide reflexology for cancer clients at all levels and in cancer care centres & A SECOND Certificate in Palliative Care Reflexology which enables you to provide reflexology for palliative centres.
Recognized by the Irish Reflexology Institute, NNRI, AOR. Insurance Companies, Health Insurance Companies
You will receive a detailed manual and 2 professional post graduate Certificate, 50 CPD IRIL points which include 20 practical reflexology CPD points.
You client’s will be able to claim back from health Insurance companies
- Understanding what is cancer from an anatomical, mental, emotional and spiritual point of view?
- What are the common symptoms and how to treat with Reflexology?
- How people are diagnosed and key points to understand following diagnosis
- Understanding the stages of cancer and the tests and procedures used in the staging process
- Understanding the various Oncology treatments and their after affects and how to treat during various treatments
- Understanding the various medical treatments such as: Hormonal therapy, Radiation, Hyperthermia Therapy Chemotherapy, Radio-surgery
- Meeting and treating the client emotionally and mentally, learning where they are at.
- Hygiene for Oncology and education into Cytotoxic possibilities and safety measures
- Dealing with the client’s emotional and mental distress
- Illness, disease and the link to thoughts and emotions
- Research and valid studies with results into the excellent effects of Oncology reflexology
- Visual observations of the feet during pregnancy
- Relevant Home Care Advise following the treatments
- Contraindications, cautions and common ailments
- Practically how to treat cancer client’s with Reflexology at all stages and as individuals
- Learn a complete new second method of working with your reflexology techniques adapted for client’s if they are very, very sick
- Palliative Care and the Reflexology treatment for palliative care
- Reflexology procedural routine for practically treating specific to palliative care
- Understanding stages of Bereavement and treating people with bereavement
- Reflexology procedural routine for practically treating specific to the different stages of cancer and pertaining to the health of each client individually depending on their stage of cancer and cancer care.
- Energetic reflex connections within and relevant to cancer care
- Sealing in energy/Grounding energy
- Client Care and professionalism
- Dealing with any possible emotional and mental distress for you the therapist, therapist care
- Energetic connections of the organs and emotions relevant to Cancer
- Possible client reactions/ Relevant Home Care Advise following the treatments//Therapist Insurance
Normal fee: €150.00 Special offer €135.00 to IRI members and GTC graduates
Take 2 post grads for €250.00 or 3 for €300.00 for IRIL members only
To book a place a deposit of €50.00 is required and may be paid via card by phone, by bank or by cheque, you are welcome to also email in your details and we can send a bank account details if that is your preferred method. A Cheque is also acceptable.
(BSc. Hon. Psychology, BA Drama) has developed this exceptional and authentic reflexology training school and refines the programmes every single year hence its outstanding quality.
Majella has spent 25 years as a professional reflexologist and has been serving on the Irish National Professional Reflexology Institute (IRIL) as a committee member and educational officer for many, many years. Majella originally started teaching with the IRIL schools and trained through IRIL. Majella is honoured to be the current Chairperson of the Institute. Majella has been refining and writing reflexology training for all these joyful years and has trained with many world respected teachers among them being: Beryl Crane, Hanne Marquerdt, Moshe Kruchik Biderman, Sheila Roche, and Inge Dougans.
Majella travels around the world as an invited lecturer to London, USA and Europe. She lectures in spiritual holistic health and the Psychology of Holism alongside Celtic Spirituality. One of her specialties much in demand is the energetic emotional reflexology, etc.
Majella hosts groups here in Ireland for spiritual holistic work from all over the world. People travel from all over Ireland and UK/Europe due to her unique and grounded teaching which is first embedded on the physical aspects and then it built upon with the energetic principles of reflexology. Green Tara College is known for the high standard and unique aspects of the training that pours from a wide knowledge that only comes with on-going experience and training and time.
Majella and her tutors are trained in many holistic therapies and all are ITEC & IRIL approved tutors.